Fighting Coronavirus Together
We are taking cautionary measures for the safety of patients and staff to prevent the spread of coronavirus COVID-19. Stay home if you have fever and cough. If you have difficulty breathing, call your primary physician. If you have low-grade symptoms, then you can do a self-treatment as described below.
We are OPEN on limited basis for following reasons:
- To continue providing needed treatment for patients.
- To increase immunity system with acupuncture, herbs, and dietary adjustment.
- To remotely treat cold/flu/coronavirus with herbs and self-treatment.
We are confident that Asian medicine is an effective complement for prevention and treatment of COVID-19.
Here’s what you can do to treat yourself at initial onset. 104º fahrenheit temperature therapy can be effective.
You can use this one simple 104° Fahrenheit therapy for COVID-19 and influenza. Constantly keep an overly warm body. This does not seem to be a big deal but has a tremendous impact for those who are infected. During cold/flu, you may have experienced fluctuations of chills and feeling out of sort. This is likely from not keeping your body overly warm. Even an exposure to only 5 minutes of a cold draft can set you back. It is because virus easily multiplies in cooler parts of the body and then spreads.
- Drink warm liquid only. If one drinks water at room or cooler temperature, then the body will cool down momentarily. It will give enough time for the virus to proliferate. It takes a lot of heat to warm up water and your body takes time to generate needed heat.
- Stay indoors. A cold draft will set you back quickly.
- Wear double-layer of warm clothing to keep your skin from neck down overly warm. Constantly keep your body overly warm all throughout the day and even at night in bed with a blanket.
- Wear socks and shoes in the house so that your feet do not touch the cold floor. Head, hands, and feet lose heat very quickly.
- If you use sauna, jacuzzi, and hot tub, do not use it for more than 15 minutes to avoid exhaustion. Make sure to dry your skin thoroughly afterwards to prevent the moisture from cooling down the skin.
- Keep your head cool while the whole body is immersed in high temperature. Then the brain is protected from damaging effect of high temperature.
In this way, your are giving your body the time for it to develop immunity while slowing down the multiplication of coronavirus.
Acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin can cool down your body. This is why keeping your skin and stomach very warm can prevent cooling except your head. You are giving your body an opportunity to build up its immune system before the symptoms become severe. Please check with your doctor regarding which medication you can take. Also check with CDC Center for Disease Control, and WHO World Health Organization.
World Health Organization has some very good tips for COVID-19, which you may find by following this link. In particular, they have these comments:
- Taking a hot bath will not prevent you from catching COVID-19.
- Your normal body temperature remains around 36.5°C to 37°C (97.7° to 98.6), regardless of the temperature of your bath or shower.
- Taking a hot bath with extremely hot water can be harmful, as it can burn you.
- The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by frequently cleaning your hands.
While I agree that Hot Bath Does Not Kill Coronavirus I have been recommending that a hot bath MAY SLOW DOWN the replication of virus at the initial onset of fever and cough.
I do not claim this method will kill the virus, nor has it been peer reviewed. Possibly, the body is given more time to produce antibodies against the virus. Some of us had the worsening of cold/flu symptoms after being exposed to a cold draft. And some of us had relief after being under a very warm blanket overnight or longer. However, the advice given by a governing body should be heeded over my view.
We protect patients and us.
- We regularly clean doorknobs, counter-top, chair arm, and equipment with disinfectant wipes.
- We spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on treatment table after the patient leaves.
- We use disposable table paper and tissue to isolate you from equipment.
- Patients are quickly placed in treatment rooms to minimize exposure to people.
- We regularly wash our hands.
- We are wearing a mask at every patient interaction.
- We ask patients with fever and cough to stay home. You can receive remote advice and herbal treatment.
Follow the CDC Center for Disease Control guideline: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
Acupuncture, herb, and diet for prevention and treatment.
Yes, these were successfully used for thousands-of-years for influenza. We are available to help improve your health and immune system so that your body is prepared to minimize the harmful effect from flu/cold/coronavirus. The global effort to fight the SAR-CoV-2 is to slow down the rate of infection. If you have a viral infection, we have herbal treatment based on your constitution.
If your constitution is identified by our acupuncturist, then you can request a list of harmful and beneficial foods for your constitution. In addition, we have Asian herbs, similar to the herbal formula used in Wuhan, China, at the initial onset and still used at this time.
To diagnose your constitution, we look at your physical shape, physiology, and temperament. Below is a helpful link to begin to know your constitution through self-assessing your temperament.
We are OPEN
If you have fever and cough, or confirmed COVID-19, then you should try these herbs. You may begin to have relief within 1-3 days. We are here to help your body function better so that it can heal.
Western medicine is a disease-targeted medicine: We need to wait for a vaccine and molecular medication, which are at least a few months in the future.
Eastern medicine is a functional medicine: These herbs do not prevent, nor do they target the coronavirus. These time-tested herbs treat the problem during the initial onset and at the middle statge by working with your body. For a prophylactic measure, these herbs help your immune system be stronger when/if you do catch the virus.
If you like to treat with the nature’s way, then call us at 805-497-6200. We will work with your body’s individual need to recover.
Stay safe and healthy,
David Lee, Che-ol Kim, and Sima Ebrahimi.
Acupuncturist and Asian herbal practitioners